Terms & Conditions
In these conditions the following words have the following meanings:
- "Event of Insolvency" means an order being made or a resolution being passed for the winding up of the Operator or an order being made for the appointment of an Administrator to mange the affairs, business and property of the Operator or if a Receiver is appointed or if any of the Operator's assets or undertakings or if circumstances arise entitling a Court to make a Winding Up Order or if the Operator suffers any similar or analogous action in consequence of debt in any territory or jurisdiction;
- "Instant Offices" means Instant Offices (Holdings). We are part of www.theinstantgroup.com and we are registered in England and Wales under company number 8249845 and have our registered office at The Blue Fin Building, 1st floor, 110 Southwark Street, London SE1 0TA.
- "the Operator" means the person(s), firm or company acquiring the services of Instant Offices hereunder; "Sale" means the entering into by the Operator of a binding contract for the sale of the majority of its shares or assets.
2. Application of Terms
- 2.1 These conditions shall govern all services provided by Instant Offices to the Operator to the exclusion of all other terms and conditions, to the maximum extent permitted by law.
- 2.2 Each introduction of a customer to the Operator by Instant Offices shall be deemed to be subject to these conditions and any contract entered into between the Operator and a customer so introduced shall give rise to an obligation to pay commission in accordance with clause 3 below.
- 3.1 In consideration for Instant Offices introducing customers to the Operator, the Operator will pay commission to Instant Offices in accordance with this clause. An invoice will be raised by Instant Offices when a deal is confirmed to them by the operator.
- 3.2 Such Commission will be payable within 7 days of the date of the invoice.
- 3.3 For the purpose of these conditions:
(a) The commission shall be an amount equal to 10% of the fully inclusive rent; unless an alternative percentage fee has been agreed between Instant Offices and the Operator; exclusive of VAT, GST or any local equivalents (if applicable), payable by the customer to the Operator during the first 12 months from the start date of the contract, including expansions that occur within the first 12 months.
(b) All sums payable by the operator to Instant Offices pursuant to these conditions are exclusive of VAT, GST or any local equivalents (if applicable) subject to clause 3.4 below and will be payable to Instant Offices in advance.
- 3.4 In the event of a sale or insolvency or an account being referred to our Legal Dept. for non-payment, all commission payable in accordance with this clause 3 shall become immediately due and payable in full.
- 3.5 All successful referrals of customers made by Instant Offices to the Operator shall be deemed to be introductions giving rise to commission payments, unless the Operator is able to demonstrate to the reasonable satisfaction of Instant Offices, within 7 days of a referral, that it has previously been contacted by such person other than through an Instant Offices referral. Any viewings arranged by Instant Offices shall be deemed to be introductions giving rise to commission payments; this includes viewings arranged superseding referrals by other brokers.
- 3.6 It is required that all payments will be made to Instant Offices by BACS transmission directly to Instant Offices Bank.
- 3.7 Credit Card payments will be accepted by Instant Offices however any resulting Credit Card charges will be added to the payment at the appropriate Credit Card provider’s chargeable rate.
4. Limitations, Exclusions and Indemnity
- 4.1 All warranties, conditions and other terms implied by statute or common law shall be excluded to the maximum extent permitted by law and Instant Offices shall have no liability for any claim between the Operator and a customer.
- 4.2 Notwithstanding clause 4.1, the liability of Instant Offices shall at all times be limited to the amount of commission received by Instant Offices in relation to the letting in question.
- 4.3 The Operator shall indemnify and hold harmless Instant Offices from and against all and any costs, claims, loss or damage arising in respect of any claims brought by a customer of the Operator or any third party arising out of the activities of Instant Offices or the Operator.
- 5.1 These conditions shall be terminable with immediate effect by either party on the giving of written notice to the other.
- 5.2 Notwithstanding clause 5.1, any contract entered into following termination, between the Operator and a customer introduced by Instant Offices prior to termination, shall give rise to the payment of commission in accordance with Clause 3 as if these conditions continued to apply.
- 5.3 If a Business Centre (or a group or part of a group of Business Centres) is sold, it is your responsibility to advise Instant Offices in writing and ensure that the new owners are aware of the future commission payment obligations to Instant Offices. Where the Business Centre is sold, it is expected that all liabilities & obligations to Instant Offices will form part of the sale, thereby obligating the new owners to maintain all due future payments to Instant Offices. Failure to comply will result in the original owners/vendors being liable for any outstanding and future commission payments. Commission will become due to Instant Offices once the operator has a signed agreement or a deposit or the client has taken occupation.
6. Late Payments
- 6.1 The Company reserves the right to add interest to outstanding overdue invoices at the rate of 8% above the Bank of England base rate.
- 6.2 Failure by the Company to collect outstanding overdue invoices will result in matters being placed in the hand of our Solicitors. The Company reserves the right to add any subsequent legal fees to the debt and these shall be payable by the Operator as well as any accruing interest, calculated in accordance with the prevailing Bank of England base rate from the date the invoice became due.
7. Governing law
- These conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English Law.
- Instant Offices reserves the right to market all listed properties on partner and affiliate websites that market office space to potential office users. Instant Offices is not responsible for the content or availability of any third party websites.
- 9.1 Any waiver by either party of any breach or non-compliance with these conditions by the other will not be construed as a waiver of any earlier or later default of a like nature.
- 9.2 Neither party shall be entitled to assign the benefit of these conditions other than to a subsidiary.
- 9.3 Except as may be agreed from time to time, neither party shall have authority to act for, represent or bind the other.
- 9.4 Instant Offices provides its services hereunder as an independent contractor and not as agent, partner or employee of the Operator.
- 9.5 These conditions contain the whole agreement between the parties relating to the transactions contemplated hereby and supersedes all previous agreements between the parties relating to these transactions.
- 9.6 Each party acknowledges that in agreeing to enter into this Agreement it does not rely on any representation or warranty, collateral contract or other assurance other than those as set out in this Agreement. Each party waives all rights and remedies which, but for this sub-clause might otherwise be available to it in respect of such representation, warranty, collateral contract or other assurance, provided that nothing in this clause shall limit or exclude any liability for fraud.
- 9.7 The Company reserves the right to amend these Terms & Conditions at any time.